Mission & Objectives
The Mission of the Fisheries Conservation Foundation is to promote a better understanding of marine and freshwater fishery resources among fishery users, the general public, and political decision makers, and to encourage the enlightened management of fisheries resources for their optimum use and enjoyment by the public.
- To inform policy-makers and the public about important global aquatic resource conservation issues
- To inject peer-reviewed science into resource conservation decisions
- To establish communications among resource scientists, resource users, and the public
- To develop strategies to shape informed and principled actions for the sake of the world’s fisheries resources
- To promote fisheries science education
- To help provide direction and focus to fisheries conservation efforts around the world
To be effective in creating solutions for today’s complex aquatic resource problems, the Fisheries Conservation Foundation proposes to form partnerships with other conservation organizations that have similar goals. By working collectively with our strategic partners, we hope to leverage our financial and organizational assets to make a real difference.